Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Just a pint off the top...

Yesterday, my wife and I went to give blood at a local Carter Blood Care Bus. Well, local as in McKinney; but it was on our way to her job so it worked out nicely. Hopefully the results from the blood tests will come back soon; I don't know what my blood type is and am really curious to know as they're supposed to have that information available to us soon. Anyway, if you've never given blood before and and don't have any problems giving blood (needle issues, low iron count or deadly diseases), I'd encourage you to go out and give a pint. It's a great way to help out a total stranger and you'll get back test results for free; additionally, you'll get that warm fuzzy feeling inside of doing a good thing and the same fuzzy feeling in your head if you stand up too quickly right after donating (personal experience says that last one is very true).